Symantec Corp, the company behind Norton, has Un-Install Norton 360 Antivirus with Norton Security services. The latest version of this anti-virus program is high-end, offers improved features and advanced security from malware, phishing, and ransom ware. Likewise, many other brands like Kaspersky or Avast are offering higher security standards via their anti-virus software.
So, if you still have Norton 360 installed on your device and looking to upgrade to newer anti-virus software, or simply trying to remove it from your computer – here’s a step by step guide to uninstall Norton 360 for Windows:
- Open the Control Panel from the Start Menu
- Click on Uninstall a Program to open the Programs & Features window
- Find and click on Norton 360 (Symantec Corporation)
- Click on the Uninstall or Remove button
- Select Please Remove All User Data
- A window will open up with a Subscription Period Warning, select Next
- Your software has been uninstalled
The software will not be completely removed until you restart your computer.
If you are facing any trouble or if you have not been able to successfully remove Norton 360 from your computer, don’t worry. There have been certain instances wherein people have complained about not being able to successfully remove Norton 360 software using the uninstall wizard, as suggested in the guide above. Typically, this happens when your system’s security has been compromised, and viruses have corrupted your Norton 360 installation. This makes it virtually impossible for the uninstall wizard to remove the software from your system.
This is where Symantec steps in and offers a great tool just for occasions like these – called the Norton Removal Tool. The tool is free-to-use and super-effective. You can find the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool online, and follow these steps:
- Open the Downloads page using Ctrl + J and find the .exe file
- Run the exe file
- Read through the License Agreement & select Agree
- Select Advanced Options
- Choose Remove Only
- Click on the Remove button
Once you have restarted your computer, the system will prompt you with instructions to reinstall Norton. If your computer has been infected by viruses, you can also perform a quick virus scan using Norton Power Eraser. It’s a free malware and virus removal tool. Or you can choose to install any other latest anti-virus software and then scan your system for potential threats.