Norton antivirus is an overall security suite to protect your device from security threats such as malware, virus, Trojans, spyware and other vulnerabilities. The Norton Internet Security is known by several other names, because of it replaces different security apps with a single program. But as Norton follows high standards for security, it prevents various third-party apps to install on your device. Therefore, we need to disable the Norton security suite in order to install the third-party applications.
Disabling Norton on your device can be done with several methods, but the easiest ones are mentioned below:
Open the notification bar by clicking on the small triangle on your Windows taskbar. Choose the Norton internet security from the list of programs by right-clicking on it.
Select the “Disable Smart Firewall” option to turn off the firewall protection for a matter of time, choose the duration from the drop-down to temporarily disable the firewall protection and then click Ok.
Now choose “Disable antivirus” to disable the antivirus activity on a temporary basis. Along with the firewall protection, you will be prompted to choose the duration for antivirus as well.
Important Note: In the absence of Norton antivirus, your device will be exposed to security threats so it’s important to take proper security measures before disabling antivirus and firewall protection.
One can control the toolbar in the web browser to stop the activity of the antivirus while browsing the app. In order to stop the Norton, toolbar clicks “view” and select “toolbar” and then disable the Norton toolbar by un-checking it. Note that you are temporarily disabling the toolbar and can enable it back whenever required. This process is applicable to Internet Explorer and Firefox only.
To disable the Norton toolbar in Google Chrome, one should click on “Tools” and select “Extensions”. Undo the check in the front of “Enabled” to stop the activity of toolbar. You can simply turn it on by checking Enable.
You can hide the Toolbar button for Norton by right-clicking on the icon and selecting the “Hide button” option. The hidden button can be found in Chrome’s extensions and enabled from the same place.
Control the automatic Renewal of Norton Antivirus Software:
- Go to the official website of Norton and log in with your credentials.
- Now look for the “automatic Renewal option and click on “off” to stop the automatic renewal of product. To confirm the deactivation click “turn-off” from the pop-up appears on your screen.
- Log out of the website of Norton and you are no longer bound to pay for the automatic renewal of your Norton product. But if you want to continue the subscription, you have to upgrade the subscription plan manually.
If you want to remove the Norton antivirus from your device on a permanent basis, follow the steps given below:
- Click Start and jump to Control panel.
- Now click twice on the “Add or Remove programs” option.
- Find the Norton Internet Security from the list of programs and tap on it.
- Click on the Remove all button to verify the deletion.
- Now you will be prompted to restart your device.
- Reboot your system.
- Now, you cannot find Norton on your device.
For Experts’ guidance:
If you aren’t sure of your technical skill and think that you can possibly ruin something, it is advised to contact Norton techies at Norton Support Phone Number. The team of Norton experts is working with full dedication to help Norton users and resolve their dilemmas.
Norton Tech Support Number is accessible at any point in time, irrespective of the region you live in. You can contact Norton support team around the clock from anywhere across the world and get an immediate solution to your problem or avail guidance for performing manual techniques.